The end of the year is a great time to do some deep journaling and reflect on both the good and the bad. What were the most significant moments? What surprised you the most? Were there any life-altering moments? What would you change if you could?
Year-end journaling is not only great for reflection and a record of your life that you can look back on later, it’s also a great foundation for New Year journaling, where you write about all the different things you want to try, and all the new ways you want to grow. Here are some journal prompts to help get you started. I hope you find them helpful! I’ve also created a printable list of all the journal prompts for you, plus a bonus set of journaling pages for you, free for downloading!
You can use these prompts with the journaling sheets, or in your favorite blank journal or bullet journal. For long form journaling, I like either a nice hardcover notebook with lined pages such as this one from Paperage, or a notebook with a cute cover such as this Hello Kitty notebook from Erin Condren. (I admit to never having outgrown Hello Kitty and all things cute!)
Journal Prompts for Year-End Self-Reflection
Here are our favorite journaling prompts for year-end self-reflection. Afterwards, you can start your New Year journaling to focus on personal growth and how you want to make life better. And yes, we have some New Year journal prompts for you as well!
- What 3 words describe this past year?
- What are the 3 most important things you learned this year?
- My favorite memory from this year is…
- What were your big wins this year? What moments made you proud?
- This year, I’m most grateful for…
- How have you grown over the past year? How would you describe yourself at the beginning of the year vs end of the year?
- In what areas do you feel you made the most improvements to your life?
- The biggest challenge I faced this year was…
- How was this year unique compared to other years?
- What was the most important thing you learned about yourself this year?
- Who had the biggest impact on your life this year?
- The nicest thing anyone did for me this year was…
- What were your favorite books, movies, shows, and songs this year?
- How satisfied were you with your work this year? What did you enjoy and not enjoy?
- Did you accomplish the goals you set for yourself this year? Did any of your goals change?
- Did you have any setbacks or disappointments? What did you learn from them?
- What surprised you the most about yourself?
- How well did you take care of yourself this year? Did you prioritize mental health, exercise, sleep, and good nutrition?
- Do you have any regrets from this year? What would you do differently next time?
- What will you be glad to leave behind?
Free Journaling Prompts Printable & Bonus Journaling Set!
As promised, here are the links for the free printable of all the journaling prompts, plus a special coordinating journaling set with both solid and dashed lines. These printables have a white background, but I like to print them on cream colored paper for a more classic stationary look. I use the ones from Springhill (shown above) available on Amazon.
Year-End Journal Prompts Printable – download link
Classic Journaling Set Printable – download link
If you like the classic look of these printables, you may also be interested in the Classic Notes Set, which you can find in our freebies library!
To see all of our free printables, head over to the Fleurette Press Freebies Library!
p.s. If you’re interested in a guided journal, you may be interested in our Wildflower Personal Growth Journal or our Gratitude Journal.
Fleurette Press is a California-based boutique book company specializing in fun activity books & thoughtful journals. We love writing, journaling and beautiful design, and we take pride in creating delightful books that brighten your day!
More about us here!
Leave a Reply